One of the most stable flooring products and the fast growing segment in flooring, highly durable vinyl planks suit residential and commercial applications, with residential lifetime warranties available. Much easier to repair than traditional tiles or timber, vinyl planks have a urethane seal that can be stripped back and resealed down the track, prolonging the life and quality of the flooring. At WA Carpet Supermarket we offer vinyl planks in varying thicknesses; there is something to suit every budget, with the thicker 4.5 – 5.0mm vinyl planks having excellent acoustic and thermal properties.
What are Vinyl Planks?
Vinyl planks have a hardwood or stone resemblance, with each style realistically imitating a certain type of floor covering. However while real hardwood – such as oak or hickory – is difficult to install and extremely costly, vinyl planks can be transported, installed and repaired with ease, and at a reasonable price that’s within your budget.
Which Vinyl Planks are Right for You?
We offer two of the highest quality vinyl plank brands at WA, all of which are easy to maintain:
Quiet Design flooring wood and stone-effect planks that look and feel natural, Karndean’s vinyl planks come in a variety of colours and sizes, for both home and commercial projects. From the textured designs of the Michelangelo range (think metallic and mosaics), to the modern concrete effect of the Opus range, and the real timber character of the Van Gogh large plank range, there is a style to suit every taste and premise. Each range is third-party GreenStar GreenTag™certified, complying with rating recommendations for factors such as life cycle sustainability, lifetime residential warranties, energy reduction and using recycled materials.Read more View products
What are the Benefits of Vinyl Planks?
- Low Maintenance: Vinyl planks need nothing other than a routine sweep and occasional mop to remain in tip-top shape; no re-sanding or polishing needed.
- Long Lasting: With an extremely good lifespan, vinyl planks are a hardwearing flooring option that you don’t need to worry about replacing or repairing for a significant period. Vinyl plank flooring is also much simpler to repair than timber or tiles, as the Urethane seal can be easily stripped back and resealed, prolonging the life and appearance of the product.
- Comfortable: Vinyl planks have a strong but soft feel underfoot, providing more comfort than if you were to stand on real hardwood for a long duration. From glass kitchenware to perfume bottles, objects are less likely to break when dropped on vinyl plank flooring.
- Warm: The thicker, 4.5 – 5mm vinyl planks have excellent thermal properties. In-floor heating can also be installed beneath several vinyl plank flooring options as a luxurious extra to keep you warm in winter.
- Quiet: One of the most stable floor products on the market, there is very little movement between the vinyl planks, meaning excellent acoustic properties and no creaking!
- Water Resistant: Vinyl planks are an ideal choice for areas like kitchens, both residential and commercial. Sealing more effectively against water damage than hardwood and laminate, and they are 100% waterproof.
- Fast Installation Process: Vinyl plank flooring can be placed straight above the subfloor, provided it is in good condition. This makes the installation process short, simple and cost-effective.
Everything You Need
There’s so much choice at WA Carpet Supermarket and our flooring consultants are ready to help you choose the best flooring option for you! Whether it be carpets, vinyl, or timber, we have the expertise to show you what will work best in your home. All of our flooring options make living and cleaning stress-free, with children and pet friendly options.
WA Carpet Supermarket proudly boast two locations, one in Osborne Park near Perth city, and one down in Bunbury. Whether you’re in the city, or out in the country, WA Carpet Supermarket has your flooring needs covered.